Tignes - The Big Blue!
The Tignes-Val d´Isère area is full of natural wonders. Among them, the natural lake of Tignes 2100 which dons its mantle of ice for winter. Up to 2 metres thick, the ice forms and reforms daily to provide a simply magical play of light and shadow. Accompanied by a qualified diving instructor, you will experience a unique adventure, day or night, in complete confidence in the town where the famous film "Le Grand Bleu / The Big Blue" was shot (ice scene in Peru) !
Day light scuba diving under the ice is accessible to all !
The night time diving is recommended to those who have a preivous experience.
- From 15 years old, minimum height 1.55m/4'7
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- No prior diving exrperience required
- Time slot : just an hour to be free to ski the rest of tha day (ski storage on site)
- One person per instructor, maximum 2 participants per time slot
Organisation and Safety
- The activity is supervised under the responsibility of a state certified or state graduate dive instructor
- First dive and inexperienced divers are taken care of individually during the whole experience
- We provide all the diving equipment
- Our ice diving hut provides warmth (and privacy!) for changing
- Bring: tights/leggings, thick socks, technical base layer and a towel (for long hair)
- Gloves and hat for after diving
Divers with a recognised diving certificate (PADI or CMAS / FFESSM or ANMP or other) can possibly dive in pairs with one of our instructors, only if all the safety conditions are met and at the discretion of the instructor (the decision is solely that of the diving instructor, and from N2 or minimum equivalent). In this case, we do ask that divers provide a medical certificate.